The poster session will be held on Saturday, November 19 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in Buck Hall. Push pins and tape will be provided. All posters should be set up prior to the session begins. Posters may be mounted before the program begins at 1:00 p.m., during the 2:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. breaks, or during the 5:00 p.m. faculty meeting. Posters should be taken down on Sunday, November 20 during the 10:20 a.m. break.
We will award cash prizes for the top three posters with a graduate student or postdoc as the first author. The winners will be announced on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. immediately following the last talk.
Presenting author in bold.
- Ma’ayan Bresler, Sara Sheehan, Andrew Chan, Yun Song. Telescoper: a de novo assembler
- FBS Briggs, B. Acuna,L. Shen, P. Ramsay, H. Quach, A. Bernstein, C. Schaefer, L. Barcellos. Gene-environment and functional classification analyses suggest novel candidate genes and processes that may be contributing to the susceptibility of adult-onset multiple sclerosis
- Emon Elboudwarej, M.P.H, Joy Jeffrey, Ph.D., Pamela R. Fain, Ph.D., Patricia P. Ramsay, M.P.H., Hong Quach, Julie A. Lane, George S. Eisenbarth, Ph.D., Lisa F. Barcellos, Ph.D., Janelle A. Noble, Ph.D. DNA methlyation differences in discordant monozygotic twins and HLA matched discordant siblings: a role for epigenetics in type 1 diabetes susceptibility
- Courtney E French, Gang Wei, Angela N. Brooks, Steven E. Brenner. Systematic Survey of Targets of Nonsense-Mediated mRNA Decay in Human
- Kelley Harris, Rasmus Nielsen. Reconstructing admixture histories from long tracts of DNA sequence identity
- Christine Ho. Quantitative Temporal Ordering of Mutation Data
- Laurent Jacob, Johann Gagnon Bartsch, Terry Speed. Unsupervised unwanted variation removal for expression data
- Vera B. Kaiser, Qi Zhou, Doris Bachtrog. Non-random gene loss from the Drosophila miranda neo-Y chromosome
- Su Yeon Kim, Terry Speed. The TCGA mutation-calling benchmark data: beyond Venn diagrams
- Hana Lee and Rachel Brem. Divergence in invasive growth response by Malaysian isolates of Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Yulia Mostovoy, Rachel Brem. Hallmarks of conserved antisense transcription in Saccharomyces yeast
- Benjamin Peter, Emilia Huerta-Sanchez and Rasmus Nielsen. Distinguishing selection from standing variation from selection on a new mutation
- Atif Rahman, and Lior Pachter. A statistical approach to genome assembly evaluation
- Adam Roberts and Lior Pachter. eXpress: Streaming read mapping deconvolution using an online EM algorithm
- Melinda A. Yang, Anna-Sapfo Malaspinas, Eric Durand, Monty Slatkin. Recent admixture or ancient structure? The doubly conditioned frequency spectrum clarifies
- Barbara E. Engelhardt, Michael I. Jordan, Jeff Yunes, Ameet Talwalkar, Steven E. Brenner. Evidence-based phylogenetic function prediction for success on microbial proteins and extensions for association data